Workshop Manager - Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier, South Australia
We are Kalari. We are a leading provider of large-scale complex logistics and mining solutions to Australia's major resource companies. With over 30 years' experience, we are Australia's most innovative and prominent specialist bulk logistics provider to the mining and resources sector.
We are looking for an experienced Workshop Manager to join the Kalari team, based in our Mount Gambier depot. Reporting to the Regional Manager Fleet, this role will have safety and compliance as the core focus and will primarily be responsible for running the Mount Gambier workshop through managing the workshop team and working with the Operations team to coordinate maintenance activities.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Strict compliance to, and enforcement of, safety regulations and Chain of Responsibility (CoR) compliance requirements;
- Lead a team to ensure workshop operations are effectively managed within the framework of legislative requirements and in accordance with contractual requirements
- Co-ordinating & scheduling maintenance around operational requirements
- Development and implementation of systems/procedures within the workshop
- Ensuring quality of work is completed efficiently and to a high standard
- Ensuring safety initiatives are implemented, monitored and sustained
- Conducting on-site risk assessments to ensure company activities comply with HSSE requirements
- Building effective relationships with all company stakeholders (employees, customers and peers)
- Identifying cost management initiatives that drive improved commercial outcomes for the site
- Ensure workshop compliance and HSSE requirements are being met
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that candidates have:
- Solid demonstrable experience in a similar capacity within the Transport and Logistics industry, preferably with exposure within the resources sector
- Exceptional safety leadership qualities
- Have broad people management skills
- Exceptional ability to multitask, plan, prioritize and manage fluctuations
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Superior communication skills - both written and verbal
- Residential status in, or ability to relocate to, Mount Gambier
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
Simply put, you will have a reputation for exceptional service delivery through your people. You set high standards and communicate clear direction. You challenge, motivate and drive outcomes with a view to continually improving outcomes for the business, its customers and employees. The successful applicant must also be willing to participate in a pre-employment medical.
We are part of the Swire Group of companies, headquartered in London. Swire encompasses a wide range of commercial activities spanning five continents and is known for its long-established reputation for integrity, professionalism and innovation.
Kalari is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage women and Indigenous peoples of all ages to apply.
So what are you waiting for? Apply Now!